Friday 10 August 2012

One Direction



It is with my meet with One Direction that I wanted to share with you. I met them at the London Film Premiere of The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader back in 2010.

It was weeks before the Grand X Factor and 1D were the same everyone was talking about...as they do til this day!

As I was walking the red carpet I was introduced to Niall, Harry, Zayn, Louis and Liam by a SKY Movies producer friend and as I was interviewing for ITV2 that night, I had a great chat with the guys!

What took me by surprise was just how good they were already with the media! You could tell early on that they would be a great success. I even told them they would be a gloval success to which Niall laughed and Harry said "We would love to win the show", before Zayn added "It has been a experience for us".

One Direction who came third in The X Factor later invited me to the Wrap Party for the hit ITV show afew weeks later!

It was one of these fun VIP events where you had to be!! I invited along fellow X Factor contestant John Adeleye and Peter Dickson (X Factor voiceover man).

Stars on the night who attended included Louis Walsh, Cher Lloyd, Aiden Grimshaw, Rebecca Ferguson and Matt Cardle.

Half way during the night when the VT played a link from Simon Cowell I bumped in to the boys and secretly I was over the moon that they had remembered me from afew weeks before on the red carpet..they must have met thousands of people during that time.

Since then I have attended many events with them,booked them out for private functions etc.

Meeting celebs can be a very rewarding hobby for anyone though for me, it's one of the best parts of my job being a showbiz reporter and journalist.


@markmeets

No comments:

Post a Comment